Case Worker (G4) (re add)
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
View all jobs of this company
Reference Code: SVN-30/2019/S – BD1
Estimated Starting Date: As soon as possible
Classification: G-4/01 (UN Salary Scale)
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (Initially 03 months; with possibility of extension)
Under the direct supervision of the GBV Specialist and overall guidance of the Deputy Chief of Mission in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh, the successful candidate will be responsible for case management and psychosocial support of vulnerable women, including survivors of violence, in IOM Cox’s Bazar Office. The Case Worker will ensure appropriate support for individuals.
In particular, He /She will:
1. Provide case management services, including interviews with clients, assessments, and care plans
2. Provide referrals for survivors according to their wishes using the survivor-centred approach
3. Provide ongoing, one-on-one general counselling to clients
4. Accompany survivors to support services, police or family as requested
5. Maintain case records according to ethical and safety standards
6. Contribute to a positive team environment
7. Perform any other duties that the supervisor may assign.
Secondary school/Diploma certificate, with minimum four years of experience working with women and children
Bachelor’s degree with minimum two years of experience working with women and children
Experience working with survivors of GBV is an asset
Previous experience with GBV programming an asset
Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Demonstrated commitment to helping others.
Demonstrated discretion and good judgment
Degree or experience in Social Work, Nursing, Counseling preferred.
Qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting