ActionAid Bangladesh is looking for suitable candidate for the following position:
Deputy Manager – Nutrition (MMWW Project)
|Directorate||:||Programme, Policy and Campaigns|
|Project||:||Making Market Work for Women (MMWW)|
|Funded by||:||Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands in Bangladesh|
|Location of posting||:||Dhaka|
|Types of contract||:||Contractual|
|Duration||:||Up to December 31, 2019|
|Number of position||:||1 (one)|
|Salary and benefits||:||Monthly Gross Salary will be 67,716/- with other admissible benefits such as festival bonus, provident fund, gratuity, medical benefit, group life insurance etc.|
The position holder will directly act under the direct supervision of Project Coordinator-MMWW and will closely work with Deputy Manager-SRHR. S/he will provide technical guidance to the project team and partner in ensuring quality nutrition interventions at the field level. S/he will work closely with the project team in developing and implementing annual plan for behavioural change initiatives for the intended community participants. S/he will conduct field visits to monitor progress and quality of activities, provide feedback to the partner, prepare and share field visit reports with project stakeholders including line manager and project managers forum of ActionAid Bangladesh. S/he will provide support in preparing periodic reports, and workshop proceedings and various project learning documents. S/he will actively participate in networks/workshops/seminars/coordination meetings as well as maintain liaison with national and divisional level GO-NGO counterparts as a representative of ActionAid Bangladesh. S/he will generate evidence with proper documentation to form the basis for advocacy interventions around improved nutrition. S/he will design and implement capacity development plan for partner staff on nutrition.
Key Responsibilities include (not limited to):
- Support Project Coordinator in preparing and monitoring operational plans and budget;
- Produce quality report/ documents for internal and /or external purpose;
- Communication with concerned, external stakeholders;
- Monitor performance of partner NGOs and concerned programme personnel.
- Provide technical support to the project team in designing nutrition component of MMWW project in four intervention areas with particular emphasis on maternal and adolescent nutrition that cut across maternal, neonatal and child health in line with the project objectives.
- Mobilize local level teachers, parents, adolescent boys and girls including community participants around nutrition and conduct capacity building training for them.
- Sensitize the members of Union Parishad standing committee on health and education, activate them around improved nutrition and link nutrition related activities to other standing committees.
- Create synergy between nutrition and SRHR (Sexual and Reproductive Health Right) component within the MMWW project framework.
- Articulate and frame policy issues from project interventions, assist Programme Coordinator in preparing issue papers/advocacy position paper and create link between local and national level policy advocacy interventions.
- Assist Programme Coordinator in producing education and communication materials and ensure dissemination of developed materials on nutrition development among various stakeholders in four project locations.
- Prepare guidelines on the implementation of improved nutrition related activities for Local Implementing Organizations (LIO)
- Produce learning documents on the experience of nutrition related interventions, suggest pathways for further improvement in the programme quality on nutrition component of the project.
- Undertake evidence gathering initiatives to form the basis for promoting advocacy around improved nutrition.
This position reports to Project Coordinator of Making Market Work for Women of ActionAid Bangladesh. S/he maintains a functional relationship with other strategic priorities and support units i.e. Finance, Administration, Communication and Programme Quality and Impact and others. S/he retains a close working relationship with relevant project teams for accelerated and effective implementation of project/s and ensures horizontal integration with other programme. The incumbent will maintain liaison and networking with donor and other stakeholders including government and non-government agencies, partner organizations etc.
Project Coordinator, Nutrition Specialist, SRHR Specialist, Senior Officer – Monitoring & Evaluation and Senior Officer – Finance will be the core team members of the project.
Required qualification and competencies
Specialist-Nutrition should have sound knowledge on child, maternal and adolescent nutrition in normal and emergency situation. S/he should be adaptive capacity to cope with rapid change in the govt. strategies and policies regarding nutrition. S/he should be capable of developing nutrition training packages and guidelines in sync with programme needs as well as the diversity of problems at the community level. S/he should be able of deal in any complexity of problems with partner NGO staff. S/he should be able to work under pressure and multi-task simultaneously, and willing to work extra-hour when needed
Education and Experience:
Master’s Degree in Nutrition or relevant discipline, MBBS degree with Master’s in Public Health with a focus on nutrition will be an added advantage. At least 3-4 years of working experiences in nutrition focused projects in any reputed development organization with proven technical expertise in child, maternal and adolescent nutrition in both non-emergency and emergency settings including demonstrated ability to develop and implement program strategy.
The candidate must have good understanding on partnership management in the relevant field including sound knowledge on women’s rights issues. Besides, the candidate must have experience of working with NGO/INGO and preferably with government agencies sound knowledge about government working systems and processes. Sound track record of practicing participatory development process, thorough understanding about Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA) and experience of initiating policy advocacy and campaign are required for this position.
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions: